ABOUT MEMy vision is for every person to feel heard, understood and able to express themselves confidentially so that they can overcome challenges/ suffering, function optimally and live their life to the full. Let's Chat
Hello, I’m Karin. It’s lovely to meet you.
Owner / Registered Counsellor
My mission as a Registered Counselors is to promote the optimal functioning of the unique individual in their home, work and social environments by providing them with the tools to make informed decisions to cope with the challenges that they are faced with in life.
More About Me…
My areas of interest include
- Group trauma debriefings for groups having to deal with a traumatic incident,
- Individuals, couples and families who are struggling to adjust to a life- changing event such as marriage, parenthood, loss of a loved one, betrayal, divorce and illness,
- Couples and families who are finding difficulty in communicating with each other, experiencing conflict, and who may be hurting each other through their word and / or actions,
- Parents: to help them tune into and parent their children effectively, from the stage of infancy to adolescence,
- Individuals: learn to cope with stress,
- Manage difficult emotions and situations.
Qualifications and registrations:
- Registered with the health professions council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- B Psych Internship in Trauma Counselling (UNISA)
- BA Honours (UNISA)
- Member of the Psychological Society of South Africa
- Extensive experience in counselling at school dealing with children and adolescents.